TimeSteps Productie September release
TimeSteps is to support time awareness, daily rhythm, routine and orientation.
- Please note: After the September 2021 update, the clock widget may be removed. All you have to do is add the widget again according to the instructions. For more information check our website http://www.timesteps.nl/helpdesk -
People with Alzheimer's or other forms of dementia soon have difficulty understanding an analog and digital clock, planning appointments, arranging the day and finding the way. These are cognitive limitations that can also apply to a larger target group such as people with NAH.
For this target group we develop a dementia clock, a dementia-friendly agenda and ultimately also a dementia-friendly navigation. These dementia-friendly aids promote independent living at home for longer.
But it can even be a good solution for seniors in general, who struggle with the speed at which the smartphone changes and who benefit from a simplified view of the time, calendar and navigation.
Basic function in the TimeSteps App is the dementia clock:
• The time written in words.
• The time of day.
• Text to speech function.
• Fixed on the home screen.
TimeSteps also offers the Informal Care App. This is for all caregivers, family and friends (family agenda / planner). This App (application) can be found on the website www.timesteps.nl and linked to the TimeSteps App. After this link, the agenda in this TimeSteps App will become available with extra functions.
Dementia agenda in the TimeSteps App:
• Only next appointment immediately visible.
• Reminders of the appointment can be set personally.
• Appointment with a recognizable photo.
• Text to speech function.
• The agenda is managed from the Mantelzorg App.
• Navigation function (under development).
• GPS function (under development).
Information about the Mantelzorg App can be found on the website: www.timesteps.nl
New functions and improvements in the future:
The TimeSteps App is being developed with the help of people with Alzheimer's or other forms of dementia, occupational therapists, case managers and informal carers. Both the functions and the design are adjusted with this feedback in such a way that as many people as possible with dementia or other cognitive disabilities can use the app for as long as possible.
This is done in small steps and new releases of this App are constantly being made. Do you have suggestions and do you also want to help with improvements and new functions? Sign up via firstname.lastname@example.org
TimeSteps is a company friend of Alzheimer Nederland and supports research into medicines to be able to cure Alzheimer's and dementia in the future.